Thursday, June 7, 2007

WE CAN'T ALL BE GYM TEACHERS

I received a harassing email this morning from my "friend" calling me lazy for not updating this week....the pressure of deadlines! I didn't know my blog had become sooooo important to soooo many people. Legion baseball started up, school is winding down, final grades are due, students are clamouring for any of that important work--that 3 weeks ago, was NOT that important to them....long story short: I've been busy...I guess we can't all be glorified floor-hockey and dodge ball coaches.

Anyway, training has been going well. I spoke 2 posts ago about being old and taking the week off due to some knee pain. I took that week off and started back up last week again. I made it through this week relatively pain-free. Jesse and I ran 3 miles Monday (1st mile in 10 minutes, 2nd mile in 9:30, and the final mile in 8:15. We did an easy mile Tuesday and some repeats as our speed work. For those of you who are not handy with running lingo, repeats are timed 400 meter (one-time around the track) with a rest in between runs. We did 7 X 400 meter repeats at 2 minute intervals. Don't worry, as the blog grows, I will try to give you some more impressive terminology like lactate threshold, VO2 MAX, quality runs, tempo runs, pace runs, recovery runs, yasso 800's. Before ya know it, you'll sound like you know what you're talking about!!!

I am looking forward to getting to train without the strain or stress of school. I never thought I'd say that was looking forward to a summer of running!!!

I'm still trying to spruce up the blog, my friend Jake has been trying to help me get things going, but I suck and have been too busy as of late. It's a work in progress, right?

Thanks for reading!
SEE YA ON THE HILL!
Michael

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i know it is all in L-U-V.