Wednesday, May 9, 2007

My first post!
Hey y'all! This is my first of what I hope will be many great and inspirational posts! My good friend Jacob turned me on to this site as a means of giving you all an opportunity to catch up with me as I train for my various events (mostly marathons but I do have some long-term goals down the road). I'll update this with new info as often as poss.My first marathon gone (The LaSalle Bank Chicago Marathon) and I already have the fever to do it again....better! I've been reading a lot, asking a lot of questions, and subscribing to periodicals all in hopes of improving upon my previous marathon time (5:04) which was rather disappointing to me.I will recount that marathon story in a later post. Right now I just wanna get this baby up'n runnin and let you all know I'm here...so bookmark this joint and visit it at least once a week.I will also be updating this with fundraising info. I believe in doing what we can, when we can, as well as we can. It was with that in mind that I raised over $800 for the Walter Payton Foundation when I ran my first marathon last fall.I'm currently in training for either The New York City Marathon (11/4) or The Harrisburg/Hershey Marathon (11/11). I say either/or because NYC is such a large event that they choose the entrants based on a lottery....if they pick your name, you run! So I have begun my training hoping to run in NYC but if I don't get in, Harrisburg/Hershey is the week after NYC so I can still train and plan to run a marathon in November.For this next marathon adventure, I am raising money for Diabetes....it seems to run in my family (my dad, my cousin, and even my dog have diabetes). As I get this whole blog set up, I will give you more info as to what exact foundation I am supporting, and (of course) how you can donate. I will be trying to set upan internet donation site where you can go and donate right from your computer....EASY!!!!Anyway, enough for this blog, it was a good one. More to follow. The Page will get spruced up as well. Gimme some time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I commented on the last page... You attention Hog;-)